Monday, May 21, 2012

It's Bloomin' Tuesday!

Welcome!
We have had summer like weather this week.The garden is desperate for some rain and we're supposed to get some starting tonight. I'm slowly getting the gardens weeded and the garden art in place. I'm getting slower every year but there is really no hurry.
This is another Azalea bush.  This was in front all tangled in the other one when I bought the house..  It's back beside the shed now.  The Blomin' Tuesday button was taken of the Clematis behind the bush several years ago.
Beautiful rose like blooms.
Star of Bethlehem just pops up anywhere it feels like.
My white bleeding heart has a few blooms this year.  I've moved it a few times but love it beside the dark burgundy Coral Bells.  I'm sure it will do better every year now that I have found a perfect spot for it.
I enlarged the shade garden 4 years ago and it is really flourishing this year!
I love the purple and white Iris.  I only had 2 last year but I thinned them out and now I have several.
My favorite this week are the Jack-in-the-Pulpit.  I have 2 bunches of them.  You really have to look for the blooms but they are well worth looking for.
These plants were all dug up from the local woods. Each plant is really full of blooms this year.
There you have my gardens for this week.  Once we get the rain I'm sure everything will pop!
You know the drill, name, state and permalink.  Please don't forget to link your post to this post.
<
1. Brooke - Creative Country Mom
2. Ann @ Moonbeams and Fireflies
3. Donna's Designs
4. daisy
5. Beyond The Garden Gate
6. Crafty Garden Mama
7. Lavender Cottage
8. Suzanne - Colorado
9. Renovating Perennial Beds
10. Rosemary
11. ~~Rhonda
12. CosmoGirl Carla
13. Chickens on the Moon
14. Lisa - My Omaha Garden

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

10 comments:

Ann said...

Thanks for hosting. Have great week!

Donna Heber said...

Hi Jean,

Your gardens look fantastic! Beautiful Azalea bush and white bleeding heart. I must try the Jack-in-the-Pulpit sometime. I too am a little slower at getting the gardens mulched and things in place, but you are right - there really is no hurry. Have a great week!

daisy g said...

The azalea against the shed is so beautiful. And those purple and white irises-just stunning! Enjoy your rain and send some our way if you can spare it! ;0)

Beth said...

I just love your Jack-in-the-pulpits, Jean. Your gardens are really looking great! Thanks for sponsoring Bloomin' Tuesday.
Beth

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

I was admiring the Jack-in-the-pulpit in your header and see it's from your own garden.
Your shade garden does look full and with lots of different leaf shapes.
The pink azalea is gorgeous, that whole shot is pretty with the clematis in the background.

toko busana muslim said...

Thanks, it's a lovely post.

Suzanne said...

I never saw Jack in the Pulpit until I started visiting Bloomin' Tuesday -- incredible! Thanks for hosting, Jean!

Barb @ A Life in Balance said...

Jack in the Pulpit is one of my favorites. I think some of the local arboretums sell it at their plant sales.

I love the shade garden, too. I'm renovating mine this year, and looking for ideas.

Rosemary said...

Jean very dry here too, so need rain.. agree about getting slower and slower doing garden jobs still would not give it up .. Love jack in the pulpits.

CosmoGirl Carla said...

Hi Jean! As always, your gardens are lovely. I so wish I had some shady areas so I could plant Jack in the Pulpit. That plant really brings back memories of all my childhood hikes in the woods. I remember thinking of them as being almost magical.

I'm so happy to be linking up my garden with you this week for the first time this season! Hard work pays off, right?! ;o)

Thanks for sharing your garden and giving us a place to share all of ours with each other.

Have a great week!