Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Redo

Do you see a difference between my header picture and this one?
If you said the wall color you were right.

I was tired of the off white, shiny walls in my dining room so on Sunday I painted it.

The white and off white accessories stand out much better now. I don't have all the accessories up yet but I'm working on it.

There is a 'slanted' corner where the plumbing is located for the second floor. Several years ago we had to tear the wall down to fix the drain pipe, The contractor put up wall board and I painted but this area was not textured like the rest of the room.

I had a bucket of joint compound so I spread it on the wall. I cut notches in a foam brush to add swirls .

I think it came out pretty good. Once it was painted you can't tell the difference.

I'm happy with the color. I had to keep light because all my furniture is dark. I'll show you the rest when I finish.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice change, Jean! Your accessories do stand out more against the different wall color.

Karen said...

Jean, I love the change and your method for adding texture to a wall. Great idea!

Balisha said...

Isn't it amazing what a change of color can do? It really softens the room and makes your accessories stand out. Balisha

Lona said...

Hi Jean. I love the new paint color. It really makes your decor stand out much better too. You are brave to tackle the texture project. I get so afraid I will mess something up. LOL!

CosmoGirl Carla said...

Hi Jean. I love your new wall color. isn't it amazing what just a little color change will do? It really does show off all your wonderful pieces so much better. And I LOVE how you arranged your mantel vignette. :o) Thanks so much for sharing.