Thursday, August 27, 2009

I got nothin'!

Fellow bloggers, I'm here to ask you not to give up on me. It seems that 'life' has temporarily stopped my creative juices. I have been busy but just doing the mundane. Pulling the weeds and straightening the gardens that the flood fertilized, cleaning the basement after tearing it apart for the lawn sale. I have been through the physical and emotional wringer the past couple weeks and can't seem to get with it again. Last week, all in one day, I found out my son will need shoulder surgery that will keep him out of work 3 or 4 months. After a trip to the Dr, I realized I need to make a life change. I must change my eating habits and lack of exercise to avoid diabetes and high cholesterol. I was also scheduled for a test for carpal tunnel in both hands. I had been putting it off because of closing the shop for several weeks but the Dr said I can't wait any longer.
Lastly, I had to go to my dermatologist to have the stitches removed from a mole I had removed on my shoulder. I was told that it was rare melanoma that was very aggressive. She had me scared to death (literally!). For those that don't know I had third stage melanoma 11 years ago. Talking to my oncologist (after spending a bad night!), I was informed that it was a pre cancer situation. I will still need surgery to remove more tissue but I've 'been there done that' before. That surgery will be on Sept. 17th. The biopsy report stated that the skin had severe sun damage. Let me warn you all that my shoulder hasn't seen the sun in over 40 years, the damage was all done when I was a child.
In closing, I'm asking you not to give up on me! I'm hoping getting this all off my chest will get me back on track. I have been stopping by to check up on all of you and I am looking forward to getting past this dry spell! Thanks for hanging in there with me!

11 comments:

Latane Barton said...

I am so sorry that life has dealt you a dirty hand right now but just hang in there, pick yourself up, dust yourself off and ... how does the rest of that song go.... oh, and start all over again. The next time around will be even better than before.

Suzanne said...

That's a lot to handle all at one time. I'm sorry that you've had such a difficult week.

Don't worry about keeping us "entertained." We will still be here when life gets a little easier for you. There are times to give and times to pull back and receive. Hopefully, you can relax, lay low, and do a little receiving for awhile. Take care, friend.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

I'm so sorry that your having such a rough time of it! Don't worry, everyone will be here when you're ready to post again. Best of luck!

Manuela

Darla said...

You got us!!!

Connie said...

Jean, you're in my prayers. You sure have your plate full.

May God give you and your family peace through all this stuff.

Carla said...

Goodness, Jean, when it rains it poors, huh? Blessings and love to you and yours.

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Oh my gosh! Not only will we not give up on you - our combined prayers will bring some solace. You are a wonderful blogger, Mom and loving Grandma and you can't get this far and give up on yourself. We'll be her for anything you need - you just let us know. In the mean time here's a big hug and kissy for you {{{XX}}}

Dawn said...

Whoa, Jean...
That's a lot...
Praying for you,
Dawn xo

Marybeth said...

All that is going on with you brought this to mind "other than that how was the play Mrs Lincoln" (only to try a little humor.) Your humor button will kick in and then you will just roll with all these speed bumbs. Be strong and let bloggers entertain you for awhile - goodness you have entertained us alot thru our low times. Just feel all the prayers!!! And take care of yourself!!! Marybeth

Wanita said...

Jean,

I'm so sorry to hear about the problems you're having. This year has been similar for me, so I understand how you feel and why you're not blogging much.

That's OK. Just take good care of yourself and get well. You're in my prayers.

Blessings,
Wanita

Cedar ... said...

OK Jean, let's look at this calmly. Your son will be fine. You will take care of the diet stuff and colesterol and blood sugar will improve. The sun damage,.. well, a year and half ago I had the end of my nose operated on for the same thing. Sure looked funny with a bandaid on my nose going to school but I used it as a teaching moment for both adults and kids... wear sunscreen and a hat. Sounds like that is under control too. so take a deep breath and relax. Life is good!