Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A little junkin'

I did a little junking this week. The household sales haven't started up again so I had to go to an indoor flea market and an antique mall to get my fix!I got this cute bird at the flea market. I have a project in mind for it but I can't find the supplies I need in town. I sure wish we had a decent craft store.
I found this Fiesta gravy boat at the antique mall. It's in good shape except for a couple small chips around the bottom. It was only $5.00. I'll probably just display it in the glass fronted cupboard once the snowmen are out of there.I also got these 2 small bowls. I had seen them before and didn't get them. I'll probably display them too. I was afraid if I didn't buy them I'd decide I needed them and they would be gone.
Hopefully the sales will start up soon. Not that I need anything but there is not much else going on this time of year. What do you do to fight the winter blahs?

1 comment:

Diana LaMarre said...

How interesting it was to read this. Just yesterday I had the same urge to go out and find some treasures.

I went to the local Salvation Army store. The shelves were pathetically empty of anything interesting in the dishes dept., so I left with nothing.

I see you were much luckier than I was! Great finds.