Monday, July 30, 2007

Jerzie Day

It's Monday and by now you all know what that means. Jerzie day! We've already gone for a walk, gone on the swing, played catch and gone swimming. Grandma's tired so Jerzie is down for a nap! Because you have already seen us do all those things I decided to show you some pictures from last weekend when I had her overnight.Do you know what these are? They are used to help little ones learn to feed themselves. As you have probably noticed, Jerzie is quite independant and head strong. When she decided she'd had enough breakfast I decided to let her try these.
Last time she tried, she got it in her mouth but didn't get the food on without help. She has it all figured out now. In the dish ...
...and in the mouth.
She only misses a little.
This was just for the camera! I'm sure she's saying "See, I knew I could do this!" Click to enlarge to get the full effect of this charming picture!

7 comments:

Are We There Yet? said...

Hi...I have been reading you blog for quite some time now and especially love your Monday Jerzie day posts. I have been wanting to start a blog for awhile now and finally did it. I love reading your blog and like how your blog looks. I need to learn how to make cute templates and all that. If you get a chance, click on over to my blog and see what you think. I know it needs work and there aren't to many post...but again I'm just starting

Dawn said...

Jean...you ARE the "Grandmother Extraordinaire"!!!
You will have to tell me where you got the spoons.
My little Z will need them sooner than I think.

Tammy said...

What nifty little spoons...nope I've not seen these items before...they come up with something new everyday it seems!
:)

Carole Burant said...

How neat!! I've never seen these spoons before but they look great for teaching young children how to use utensils! She looks so darling using it and yup, she does look kinda proud in that last picture! hehe xox

Susie said...

Those spoons are the cutest! Absolutely new to me and since my grands were little. I know how you cherish your Jerzie Days!!
xo

OldBagNewTricks said...

I'd never seen those "spoons" either -- very cute.... as is that dear wee Jerzie... oh such a charming girl! (And you had a busy day of it. All that before a nap.)

Jenny

Lallee said...

Your granddaughter is adorable, Jean. Interesting utensils~they keep coming up with the best things these days. I'll be posting more about hair, some come visit again ;-)