Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Thank you!

First, I would like to thank you all for my birthday wishes. I had a great day spent in my favorite way, with my kids and granddaughter.Next, I would like to thank Early Bird for giving me my first ever blogging award, the Rockin' Girl Award.

She said " This woman's thumb is sooooo green. I just wish I had a fourth of her botanical talents! She is a hard worker and a devoted Mama and grandma!"

If I am remembered for anything, it would be for the last sentence! I know I'm supposed to pick 5 new recipients but that is impossible! I read so many blogs but all for different reasons and I would be hard pressed to pick which ones I like the most. That changes on any given day depending on my mood and what I need that day. I say we're all "Rockin" Girls" for whatever our passion is! So "Rock on Bloggers!"

Last, but certainly not least, I like to thank my kids for another great birthday!

Chris made us beer can chicken. They tell you how here.
We also had potatoes on the grill and a family favorite, zucchini casserole.
Jerzie sat up to the table and ate right along with us.
The meal was topped off with Laurie's homemade cheese cake!
Everything was delicious!
I got the saw I wanted, although Chris wasn't sure it was the safest thing to give me! Plus a handle for my battery trimmers so I can stand up to trim. (Actually, so I won't be as apt to cut my fingers!) Also a pair of warm up pants that I asked for.



I also got this beautiful shrub rose. This rose is a testimony to the importance of blogging! I had commented about some one's shrub rose and said that I had always wanted one. Well, my daughter read the comment and told Chris they would have to find me one for my birthday! I told them when I saw it that I had just commented that I wanted one and she said, "I know" and started smiling. I would have never gotten a shrub rose if I didn't blog!

Thanks, everyone!

6 comments:

Laurie and Chris said...

You're welcome! We are glad that you enjoyed your dinner and that you were surprised with your gifts.

Susie said...

So nice that you had a wonderful birthday. That cheesecake looks delish!!
Congrats on your award...
xo

Carole Burant said...

Sounds like a wonderful birthday and I'm glad you got your cheesecake too! lol You have a beautiful family that cares about you as much as you do them:-) Congratulations on the Rockin' Girl Blogger award...I smiled when I saw you couldn't choose 5 bloggers to pass it on to...I did the same thing, gave it to everyone! hehe Love all the gifts you received and I love it that Laurie had seen your comment about the rose bush:-) xox

Tammy said...

I read through lot's of blogs but I do have my favorites and you are one of them, I can't help it!!
I'm so glad you had a Happy Birthday, looks like the kids took good care of you and I'm glad they got you the rose!
:)

kris said...

Sounds like a great birthday.

Diana LaMarre said...

LOL, Jean. Who would have thought you would get a rosebush from blogging!