Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Spring this n'that

First, I have to tell you that the critters I caught yesterday were chipmunks not squirrels. Chipmunks climb trees but they live in the ground. They dig holes and tunnel all over. That's why I had to get rid of them.
We're having another nice day. It's cooler but still in the 50's which is good for this time of year. When I got done in the shop I went out and fixed my eaves. The ice had made the front one bend forward and the brackets weren't attached to it any more.
Since I had the ladder out, I hung this on the house. I got it at a craft show a few years ago. It was quite expensive but is a one of a kind piece and I fell in love with it. It is all cut from tin and the stars are on a twisted wire so it is very dimensional.I hung my spring/summer flag too.
These are my few little crocus that I have out front. In case you don't visit my daughters blog I thought you might enjoy this.
These are all crocus! Seems Laurie and I had the same idea. Check out her pictures on yesterdays blog. Isn't this beautiful?
This is my Lenten rose (Hellebore). It is bending down so was a little hard to take a picture of. This is the first time it bloomed. There are more buds so maybe I can get a better pic later. I love the color!

5 comments:

Dawn said...

Can't wait to see the garden in full bloom!
I am loving these nice days..after the long winter!

ShabbyInTheCity said...

That yard is unreal!! I love it!

Susie said...

We don't have chipmunks in our area, and the ones I have seen in the mtns. are very tiny! Love all the flower photos!
:)

Carole Burant said...

I just love that wall hanging...very original! I wish I could say my Spring flowers are in bloom but they're just starting to come out of the ground now! Yours are so beautiful already!! I had seen that yard full of crocuses on Laurie's blog and thought it simply amazing! xox

Kasmira said...

So jealous of the crocus! How late does she wait to mow the lawn?

My cats have dispatched our local chipmunks (along with the moles)! I'm afraid I didn't have a bit of sympathy for the rodents.