Friday, March 30, 2007

Out back

I've mentioned the back of my house several times and thought I would show it to you. As you can see, the house is 3 stories from the back. The door on the bottom level goes to my beauty shop, which is actually in the basement. You can see the barber pole by the door if you look really hard. The next floor is the deck which is off the kitchen. Because I live in the city the only way to the deck is thru the kitchen. The roof over the deck is where I was removing ice this winter. I climbed out the hall window which is on the right. The area on the left that juts out is my tiny bathroom that used to be a porch.This is my gardening area under the deck. Laurie and Chris had this green table in their basement and the shelves were in a closet at my Moms.
These are the stairs that I have to keep shoveled all winter for my customers. The pussy willow tree is in the middle of this, my largest garden.
This picture is from a garden in the middle of my back yard. I bought an old metal crib and I use the ends for a "fence" at the back of this garden.

These are the sides of the crib. They are what you see on one of the posts to the deck. There are 2 different clematis that grow up the rails. There is an orange trumpet vine on the post on the far left.
This wind chime hangs under the deck. Some one gave it to my friend Lloyd and he said it fit my taste more than his.


As you can see I like to use old "junk" in my gardens. I will definitely be showing you more "junk" as the summer season progresses. Like my house, that's what makes my spaces mine!

4 comments:

Susie said...

Loved the peek at your house and yard. We like to use some unusual things in our garden too :)

Carole Burant said...

Having unusual things in the garden is what makes it so interesting!! I loved seeing what your backyard looks like and I love the idea of using old crib parts for the plants to climb on! Have a wonderful weekend my friend, I'm off to the Sugar Bush:-) xox

Beemoosie said...

what a beautiful home!! (inside and out!) Wish I lived close enough to have you do my hair!!!
You are a great reuser of unwanted stuff!!! :)

Tammy said...

What a great windchime...I love the soft tinkle in the wind!