Sunday, February 18, 2007

Old favorities

Don't you just love old pictures? I love the brown toned the most even if I don't know the people.I can't help but wonder what was going on. I found this as I was going thru my pictures. The man in back on the left is my Grandpa and the one on the right is my Grandma's brother-in-law.I'm pretty sure the lady next to him is my Grandma's sister, Cecil and the one in front to his left is Grandma. The sober faces and hats make it hard to tell. I can't help but wonder if they were sober for a reason or if they were just fooling around to make a picture! What ever was going on I love it! They look like pretty tough characters but I can assure you they weren't!
This is my Dad (yes, he's in a dress) and his sister, Sagrid with their mother and aunt. I'll have to tell you their story sometime as it is quite interesting.
This is my Mom and her two brothers Walt and Bill. Don't you love their outfits? From the stories I've heard they weren't as sweet as the look in the picture!
This is my absolute favorite of my Mom when she was young. Her and my Uncle Walt in a row boat. I have no idea where this was taken but I love it bare feet and all. The grin on my Mom's face and her sailor hat make me smile every time I look at it. It's one of those pictures that I would enjoy even if it wasn't my Mom. I hope it put a smile on your face too!

4 comments:

Susie said...

I love seeing old pictures. If only they could talk!!
The one of your Mom is the rowboat really did put a smile on my face. So sweet!
:)

Carole Burant said...

I absolutely adore old photos and like Susie says, if only they could talk! I have yet to see a vintage photo from that era where the people are smiling...I'm starting to think no one knew how to smile in those days! lol Awww loved the one of your mom in the boat, she looks so adorable!!

You certainly do have a wonderful son in law:-) I just LOVE the header Chris did for me and to even put it up for me was so very nice of him!! Hugs xox

TJ said...

I only wish I had more of these type pictures...I enjoyed looking at yours!
:-D

savvycityfarmer said...

I'm melting...love love love the black and whites.