Wednesday, January 31, 2007

"Warm and fuzzy" part 2!

This is my daughters favorite part of boiled dinner. Bean soup made from the leftovers. I take out the cabbage and potatoes, cut the ham into small pieces, smash the carrots and add a jar of precooked beans. I have also tried the mixed beans but Laurie likes the navy beans best. Because I cooked 2 ham bones I got lots of soup. Laurie is having dinner here (after I do her hair), I gave my neighbor a bowl, made a bowl for my son and his wife and L. and I will have 2 each for the freezer. When I took over the neighbors she gave me 2 pieces of pumpkin pie, another of L's favorites. That will be desert for our "warm and fuzzy" dinner! We got lots of snow last night but it looked beautiful this am. It's a great day for a bowl of hot soup.
I had about 8 inches to shovel today! All the schools in the entire area are closed.
There is a lake effect snow watch until this afternoon and we're supposed to have this weather for a couple weeks.

6 comments:

TJ said...

my mouth is watering...you didn't happen to make a pone of cornbread to go with that did ya??
:-D

Carole Burant said...

Well...since you have so much soup...I'm comin' over! hehe Oh my, that sure looks delicious!! I'll have to try that one day, I know it's something that would get eaten well here:-) We're supposed to be getting lots of snow in the next day or so...we haven't had to really shovel yet this winter so I guess we're due! Stay warm! Hugs xox

Susie said...

Looks really yummy and perfect for the snowy cold you have going on!
We had lots of sunshine today. We actually could use some rain, but so far not much going on there!
:)

Diane@Diane's Place said...

It's snowing here, too! We have several inches on the ground and it's still snowing. I love it! :-)

I also like a boiled dinner. :-)

Thanks for helping me celebrate my blogiversary. It's friends like you that make it worthwhile. :-)

The Tiquehunters Wife said...

Hi Jean, So glad to see you're feeling better and I love how your bathroom turned out! You certainly have been working very hard, but the results are wonderful!
Your boiled dinner looks so good! I'm making barbecued ribs tomorrow, but I think I'll make something like that this weekend!

Diana LaMarre said...

Perfect soup weather and that pot sure does look good! I looked in the cupboard today for navy beans because I had the urge for bean soup. Unfortunately I didn't have any of the beans. Maybe next week...