Sunday, October 15, 2006

Antique Boxes?


These are a couple wooden boxes I had made so I could paint them to look like vintage boxes. They were fun to do. There are base colors, painted under the final color, that show through when sanded. I got the pattern and instructions in an Old Fashion Label book by Connie Williams printed in the early nineties. The recipe box shelf used to be stained wood too but I like it better painted and aged. I don't get to paint much anymore with 2 jobs. I used to teach classes in my basement and get together with some friends once a week to paint. I really do miss it, especially in the winter when there is no outdoor work (except shovelling snow, of course)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jean,
Very interesting and very well done!! Especially liked your grandchild's picture and your pic in pigtails!! Cute! Thanks for my very good haircut. See you near Christmas.
VINCE